Seperating myself

Lately I have been taking a good, long look at people.  Not like people watching, although I love to do that.  This is more deliberate.  More purposeful.  I'm not just watching to see how people behave when they think no one is watching.  This is more like seeing them.  Peeling back layers, revealing the core of who they are. 

Normally I do this type of reflection to just me.  Every so often, maybe like three or four times a year, I will venture on a soul search.  I've written a little about that over the years here.

No, this is something beyond just me.  Beyond just the person walking into the convenience store or waiting at the stop light.  I have been studying the people I come in contact with daily.  Society.  In my career I interact with a lot of people all the time.  People from all walks of life.  Different nationalities, different social structure, various income and just all sorts of folks. 

I've been to notice something.  They all suck the life out of me.  Which makes me very thankful for Jesus.  He fills my cup.

Seriously though, regardless of the situation it's becoming the norm for people to rude, self-seeking, overwhelmed, emotionally immature, and any other adjective I can think of that is just not nice. 

We see it every where.  It's no longer the idea that is debated.  We are attacking one's character.  There is no substance in our argument.  It's a "I know you are but what am I" mentality.  It is pointless.  It's dividing us even more than we are. More and more things are about how awful things are for our self, ignoring the fact that we are not the only ones with things.

This past year I have seen some crazy things going on in the land that I love.  It's a spirit of oppression that is manifesting itself in hateful, crazy ways.  Being a Christian I am not surprised.

I would encourage all of us to remember that everyone else is having or has had a hard time.  No one is immune to pain, suffering and fear.  We may be in different stages of life but we all can relate to one another on some level.  I know it's cliché but there really is more that binds us than separates us.

I know the steps I'm going to take.  I'm going to stay close to God.  Take a deep breath and ...LOVE.

Comments

Popular Posts