hopeful

I have been fortunate enough to be on this amazing planet for over 40 years.  I have experience things that have elated my soul.  Other moments have brought me to my knees in utter despair.  I have blah moments and pretty good moments.

I've had periods of my life where I could go back just to relive them.  Not to change anything but to be able to smell my sweet children's hair.  Perhaps to hold their tiny little hands again.  I would go back to when I homeschooled, those moments when we all discovered something new.

Then there are moments that you just couldn't pay me enough to relive.  Times where I was so scared of the diagnosis.  So unsure of my future.  The period of time where my heart was so broken, I felt like a shell of a person moving through life.

My point to this is that we all have that blessed opportunity to look to our past.  Cherishing some things and cringing at others.

We all have experienced joy and love along with fear and pain.

The tricky part is not to just look back but to look forward.  Using all those moments as a way to grow and learn so that the future is filled with hope.

Ultimately I believe that what we all want ... hope.

It's not love, power, wealth, knowledge, health, etc.   It's the hope that today will be better than yesterday and tomorrow, the hope of being better than today.  That expectation of the things to come.

I am hopeful for my future.  I'm entering into a season of adult children.  This is a exciting time.  I have no idea what it will look like but I am hopeful.  I'm not sure what the next stage in my career will be but I am hopeful.  I'm very hopeful about my love life.  I'm hopeful about my future.

So although there is nothing wrong with looking back and taking stock in things I would encourage you to remain hopeful for the things yet to come.

Comments

Popular Posts